|MawlānaNoor Alam Khalil Amini|
|Born||18 December 1952|
|Died||3 May 2021 (aged 68)|
|Resting place||Qasmi cemetery|
|Main interest(s)||Arabic literature, Urdu literature|
|Notable work(s)||Falastin Fi Intezari Salahidin, Pas-e-Marg-e-Zindah, Wo Koh Kan Ki Baat|
|Alma mater||Darul Uloom Mau, Darul Uloom Deoband, Madrasa Aminia, King Saud University|
|Awards||Presidential Certificate of Honour 2017|
Noor Alam Khalil Amini (18 December 1952 – 3 May 2021) was an Indian Sunni Muslim scholar, academic and a litterateur of Arabic and Urdu. He was a senior professor of Arabic language and literature at the Darul Uloom Deoband. His book Falastin Fi Intezari Salahidin was subject of a doctoral study at Assam University and his book Miftahul Arabia is part of dars-e-nizami curricula in various madrasas.
Amini was an alumnus of Darul Uloom Mau, Darul Uloom Deoband, Madrasa Aminia and the King Saud University. His books include Wo Koh Kan Ki Baat, Harf-e-Shireen, Miftah al-Arabiyyah and Falastin Fi Intezari Salahidin.
Early life and education
Noor Alam Khalil Amini was born on 18 December 1952 in Muzaffarpur in Bihar. He was schooled at Madrasa Imdadiya Darbhanga, Darul Uloom Mau and Darul Uloom Deoband. In 1970, he moved to Madrasa Aminia, Kashmiri Gate for graduation in traditional dars-e-nizami studies. His teachers include Abdul Haq Azmi, Waheeduz Zaman Kairanwi and Muhammad Miyan Deobandi. He specialized in teaching Arabic language from the King Saud University.
Amini taught Arabic literature at the Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama for ten years from 1972 to 1982. He later taught at the Darul Uloom Deoband for a span of 39 years.He served as the chief-editor of Darul Uloom Deoband's monthly Arabic magazine Al-Dai. He was conferred with the President's Certificate of Honour in 2017. His students number more than 1000, including Mohammad Najeeb Qasmi.
Amīni was an author of Arabic and the Urdu language. He wrote extensively in both languages and translated around 25 books from Urdu to Arabic. He wrote more than 500 articles in Arabic language, and those were published in national and international magazines including, Al-Faysal, Al-Jazīrah, Al-Dawah of Riyadh; and Indian magazines like Al-B'as al-Islami, Tameer-e-Hayāt and Al-Furqān of Lucknow. His translated works include, Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi's "Appreciation and interpretation of religion in the modern age"; Muhammad Taqi Usmani's "Muawiyah and historical facts"; Manzoor Nomani's "Iran Revolution, Khumaini and Shi'ism", "Muhammad Ilyas Kandhlawi and his religious reform", "Indian scholars and the propaganda against Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab"; and Hussain Ahmad Madani's, "Educational condition of India, before and after the British colonialism".
Death and legacy
Amīni died on 3 May 2021 at his residence in Deoband. Islamic scholars, Abul Qasim Nomani, Arshad Madani, Muhammad Sufyan Qasmi and Mahmood Madani expressed sorrow at his death. His funeral prayer was led by Arshad Madani, and he was buried in the Qasmi cemetery of Darul Uloom Deoband. At the Assam University, Abul Kalam wrote his doctoral thesis entitled Socio-Political Aspects in the Writings of Noor Alam Khalil Amini with Special Reference to Falastin Fi Intezari Salahidin.
Amini's works in Arabic and Urdu include:
- Al-dawatul islamiyyah bayn al-ams wa al-yawm (Arabic)
- Al-sahabatu wa makanatuhum fi al-Islam (Arabic), published in Urdu as Sahaba-e-Rasool Islam ki Nazar Mai (Companions of Muhammad in the Islamic perspective)
- al-Muslimoona fi al-Hind (Arabic) (The Indian Muslims)
- Falastin Fi Intezari Salahidin (Arabic), published in Urdu as, Falastīn kisi Salāhuddīn ke intezār mai (Palestine waiting for some Salahuddin)
- Harf-e-Shireen (Urdu)
- Kya Islam Paspa Horaha hai (Is Islam dying?)
- Maujuda Saleebi Saihuni Jang (Urdu)
- Miftahul Arabia (Arabic). This book is taught in the dars-e-nizami curriculum in various madrasas.
- Mujtama'tuna al-ma'asarah wa al-tareequ ila al-Islam (Arabic)
- Mata Takoon ul Kitabaat-o- Muassirah? (Arabic)
- Pas-e-Marg-e-Zindah (Urdu)
- Ta’allamu Al-arabiya Fa’innaha Min Deenikum (Arabic)
- Wo Koh Kan Ki Baat (biography of Waheeduz Zaman Kairanwi)
- Nayab Hasan Qasmi. "Mawlāna Nūr Alam Khalīl Amīni". Darul Uloom Deoband Ka Sahafati Manzarnama (in Urdu) (2013 ed.). Deoband: Idara Tahqeeq-e-Islami. pp. 247–252.
- "مولانا نور عالم خلیل امینی عربی و اردو کی مشترکہ لسانی روایت کے علم بردار تھے:ابرار احمد اجراوی" [Noor Alam Khalil Amini was well versed in the common linguistic tradition of Arabic and Urdu]. Qindeel Online. 3 May 2021. Retrieved 4 May 2021.
- Qasmi, Mohammad Najeeb. "آہ! عربی واردو زبان وادب کا شہسوار چل بسا" [The famous scholar of Arabic and Urdu literature Maulana Noor Aalam Khalil Amini passed away]. Siyasi Taqdeer (in Urdu). Retrieved 4 May 2021.
- "حضر ت مولانانور عالم خلیل امینیؒ کا انتقال ملت اسلامیہ کا بڑا علمی خسارہ: امارت شرعیہ" [Nur Alam Khalil Amini's death is a huge loss to Muslim community: Imarat-e-Sharia]. Qindeel Online (in Urdu). Retrieved 4 May 2021.
- Noor Alam Khalil Amini. "About the author of the book". Pas-e-Marg-e-Zindah (in Urdu) (5th, February 2017 ed.). Deoband: Idara Ilm-o-Adab. p. 933.
- "معروف عالم دین مولانا نور عالم خلیل امینی کا انتقال ، علمی وادبی حلقہ سوگوار" [Famous Islamic scholar Nūr Alam Khalil Amini passes away]. Millat Times (in Urdu). 3 May 2021. Retrieved 3 May 2021.
- "Maulana Noor Alam Khalil Amini nominated for President's Award". The Siasat Daily. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- President Awards the Certificate of Honour 2017, HRD Ministry, GoI, retrieved 24 May 2020
- "देवबंद: नहीं रहे दारुल उलूम के वरिष्ठ उस्ताद मौलाना नूर आलम, दुनिया के इस्लामिक जगत में था बड़ा नाम" [Noor Alam Khalil Amini, senior teacher of Darul Uloom Deoband, no more.]. Amar Ujala (in Hindi). Retrieved 3 May 2021.
- "Maulana Noor Alam Khalil Amini, a senior maestro of the Islamic educational institution Darul Uloom and a great scholar of Arabic language, died after a long illness". The News Caravan. Retrieved 5 May 2021.
- Kalam, Abul (2013). Socio-Political Aspects in the Writings of Noor Alam Khalil Amini with Special Reference to Falastin Fi Intezari Salahidin (PhD). Assam University.
- Mahtab, Ahsan, ed. (16–31 January 2017). "Urdu Ke Farogh Mai Ulama-e-Deoband Ka 150 Saala Kirdar" [150 year role of the scholars of Darul Uloom Deoband in the propagation of Urdu]. Fikr-e-Inqelab (in Urdu). All India Tanzeem Ulma-e-Haque Trust. 5 (112): 535.