|Irish name||Caoimhín Ó Ceallaigh|
1 October 1993|
Ballyragget, County Kilkenny, Ireland
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Occupation||AIB bank official|
|st patricks Ballyragget|
|*Inter County team apps and scores correct as of 22:18, 23 March 2015.|
Born in Ballyragget, County Kilkenny, Kelly first played competitive hurling during his schooling at Heywood Community School. He arrived on the inter-county scene at the age of sixteen when he first linked up with the Kilkenny minor team, before later joining the under-21 and intermediate sides. He joined the senior panel during the 2015 league.
At club level, Kelly is a one-time All-Ireland medallist in the junior grade with St Patrick's Ballyragget. In addition to this, he has also won one Leinster medal and one championship medal in the same grade.
Minor and under-21
Kelly first played for Kilkenny in 2010 when he joined the minor side. He won his sole Leinster medal on the field of play that year following a 1-20 to 0-10 trouncing of Dublin. The subsequent All-Ireland decider pitted Kilkenny against Clare. "The Cats" were made to work hard before securing a narrow 2-10 to 0-14 victory, giving Kelly an All-Ireland Minor Hurling Championship medal. He was also named man of the match.
Two years later Kelly was a key member of the Kilkenny under-21 team. He won a Leinster medal that year following a 4-24 to 1-13 trouncing of Laois. Kilkenny later faced Clare in the All-Ireland decider. A powerful second-half display, in which they outscored Kilkenny 1-10 to 0-4, saw Clare take their second-ever All-Ireland under-21 crown.
- As of match played 3 February 2019.
- St Patrick's
- Kilkenny Intermediate Hurling Championship (1): 2017
- All-Ireland Junior Club Hurling Championship (1): 2012
- Leinster Junior Club Hurling Championship (1): 2012
- Kilkenny Junior Hurling Championship (1): 2011
- Leinster Intermediate Hurling Championship (1): 2012
- Leinster Under-21 Hurling Championship (1): 2012
- All-Ireland Minor Hurling Championship (1): 2010
- Leinster Minor Hurling Championship (1): 2010
- All-Ireland Minor Hurling Final Man of the Match (1): 2010
- "Kevin Kelly". Bord Gais Energy website. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Hickey, Paddy (5 July 2010). "Cats sweep Dubs aside to claim minor crown". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- O'Toole, Fintan (6 September 2010). "Kilkenny pushed to the limit". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- O'Brien, Brendan (12 July 2012). "Cats make Laois nightmare come true". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- O'Flynn, Diarmuid (17 September 2012). "Dynamic duo drive Clare to glory". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 7 January 2015.