From today's featured list
Jimi Hendrix, an American guitarist and singer-songwriter, appeared in several commercially released films of concerts and documentaries about his career, including two popular 1960s music festival films – Monterey Pop (1968) and Woodstock (1970). A short documentary, Experience (1968), also known as See My Music Talking, was also screened. At the time of his death, two concert films were in development. Jimi Plays Berkeley (1971) was the first film featuring Hendrix to be issued posthumously. A second, tentatively titled The Last Experience, was a film of the last British concert of Hendrix's band, the Jimi Hendrix Experience (pictured). However, legal difficulties have prevented its release. Over the years, many concert films and documentaries have been released. (Full list...)
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal – The central hub for editors, with resources, links, tasks, and announcements.
- Village pump – Forum for discussions about Wikipedia itself, including policies and technical issues.
- Site news – Sources of news about Wikipedia and the broader Wikimedia movement.
- Teahouse – Ask basic questions about using or editing Wikipedia.
- Help desk – Ask questions about using or editing Wikipedia.
- Reference desk – Ask research questions about encyclopedic topics.
- Content portals – A unique way to navigate the encyclopedia.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Free media repository
Wiki software development
Wikimedia project coordination
Free textbooks and manuals
Free knowledge base
Collection of quotations
Directory of species
Free learning tools
Free travel guide
Dictionary and thesaurus